Episode 38: The Intersection of Strategy and Operations, with Dave Whelan
David Whelan is a seasoned strategy, business development, and management executive building businesses and inspiring entrepreneurs at the intersection of technology, health, and wellness. As a consultant, advisor, entrepreneur, and operating executive, Dave has devoted his career to building successful businesses.
In this episode of The People Catalysts’ podcast, Karla and Dave talk about everything from the intersection of technology, health, and wellness to the “right of passage” in a startup.
To gain more insight into Dave, check out this article on an ENTJ who is borderline INTJ: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6321026740688953344/
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- What is David’s story on becoming an entrepreneur?
- The history in the intersection of technology, health, and wellness.
- Dave’s part in the first wearable technology
- How the greatest thing is to make an impact
- What is the intersection of strategy and operations
- What is it like to be a Strategically-oriented Operations Officer or an operationally-oriented Head of Strategy
- Strategically-oriented operations officer or an operationally-oriented head of strategy
- What is the “right-of-passage” in a start-up?
- How can you connect with your team, your clients, and your promoters?
- How do you overcome the challenge of implementing a new idea?
- What is the importance of relationships, especially in the digital age?
Ways to contact Dave:
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/djwhelan/
- About me: https://about.me/djwhelan
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/djwhelan
- Website: http://www.bespokestrategy.com/
Ways to contact Karla: