Episode 6: How to Create a Good Team Dynamic, with Greg Zlevor
Greg Zlevor is the CEO, President, and Founder of Westwood International, a consulting collaborative that’s reimagining what it means to lead wisely in a global age. Westwood’s signature, global-scale action learning programs and change management initiatives have energized the vision of global brands like Johnson & Johnson, Kimberly-Clark, Volvo, Pfizer, the Singapore Police Force, BARD and General Electric.
Westwood International’s highly customized leadership solutions include:
- Executive and Management Leadership Development (3, 6, and 12 Month Programs)
- Customized Team Events
- Global-Scale Action Learning Programs
- Executive and Team Coaching
- FOG – For Our Growth (an annual gathering of experts and leaders)
- Teamwork and Group Facilitation
- Leadership Webinars
Greg has over 25 years of experience in executive development and education. He has served as a coach, consultant, and facilitator for companies in Europe, Asia, North America, South America, and Australia. Under Greg’s leadership, Westwood International has a mission to give back, supporting not-for-profit organizations that help homeless children and at-risk youth across the United States, Mexico, Thailand, India, and South America.
Greg is also the founder of FOG (For Our Growth) and he is a frequent speaker and facilitator at the Global Institute of Leadership Development.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- The path that led Greg to start consulting full time
- How having a great team creates more productivity in a company
- Critical pieces for an effective team
- Why the story that you tell yourself is important
- The mindset and approach that leads teams to create great things
- A study that describes what most successful teams have in common
- How to stay content and goal neutral as the facilitator in a team or group
- An example of how a successful team dynamic makes each person feel valued
- How Allen Fahden and Greg differ in the way they work with teams
- What a healthy and successful team culture should look like
- Why trust is essential for teamwork
- How to facilitate a group to make sure everyone has a voice
- Why social activities help teams work better together
- A story explaining how being likable can make a huge difference in any situation
- The real challenge to being a good leader
- Why Allen says Greg is a quiet mixture of strength and humility, and how this makes people feel comfortable
- Why it’s important to think about how your day will go before you start a company
- Why entrepreneurs should work harder on themselves than they do their job
Ways to contact Greg:
Do you want to host a podcast? Click here to find out how I do it.