Episode 41: The Crisis of Leadership
Why do 65% of Americans say getting rid of their boss would make them happier than a pay raise? Via a Gallup Poll: 79% of employees are agnostic (basically, they don’t care), 12% are working for your cause, and 9% are working against you. This represents a crisis of leadership. We are in the 21st century with a 19th-century work model. If you see your team as a bunch of square pegs and nothing but round holes, DO NOT provide “roundness training!” The answer: Know what the core nature and strength of work for everyone on your team and make the work fit your team members. Don’t make the team members fit the work.”
Highlights from this episode:
- The true story about the employee who did not like their boss, so they got the boss recruited into another company and took their boss’s job
- Why we are moving into the 21st century with a 19th-century work model?
- 100% of the work is made for 1% of the population.
- How one company was able to cut the time required for one process by 67%.
- If you have a square peg and a round hole, you should NOT provide “roundness training.”
- People do not leave companies, they leave managers.
- “You can’t correct 150 years of bad habits with a ping-pong table.”
Ways to contact us:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Schedule a Strategy Session: meetme.so/Karla-Nelson