Episode 14: Shift Your Focus, with Bob Burg
Don’t miss today’s guest on The People Catalysts’ Podcast, author, speaker, and business leader, Bob Burg. Bob is the author of many books on sales, marketing, and influence. Listen in on our conversation of my favorite book of Bob’s and learn how your income is equal to how many people you serve and how well you serve them.
Bob Burg is a sought-after speaker at company leadership and sales conferences sharing the platform with everyone from today’s business leaders and broadcast personalities to even a former U.S. President.
Bob is the author of a number of books on sales, marketing and influence, with total book sales of well over a million copies. His book, “The Go-Giver,” co-authored with John David Mann, has sold over half a million copies and it has been translated into 21 languages. It has been released in a new, expanded edition, with a foreword by Huffington Post founder and publisher, Arianna Huffington.
Bob is an advocate, supporter, and defender of the Free Enterprise system, believing that the amount of money one makes is directly proportional to how many people they serve. He is also an unapologetic animal fanatic, and serves on the Board of Trustees of Furry Friends Adoption & Clinic in his town of Jupiter, Florida.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- How shifting your focus from ‘getting’ to ‘giving’ can help make you more profitable
- How we can set ourselves apart from others
- Why all great leaders are always looking for ways to bring value to others
- Moving a person to a desired action towards a specific goal
- Communicating your trustworthiness
- Why people of character tend to be the most influential people
- The best way to find a mentor
- The importance of how you make people feel about themselves
- The single greatest people skill
- Being a giver without being taken advantage of
- Saying no in such a way that the other person feels honored & valued
Ways to contact Bob:
- Website: thegogiver.com
Ways to contact Karla:
Do you want to host a podcast? Click here to find out how I do it.