Episode 15: Everything in Leadership Rises and Falls With Relationships, with Dr. John Jackson
You won’t want to miss today’s guest on The People Catalysts’ Podcast, Dr. John Jackson. John is the President of William Jessup University in California. He is an author, speaker, and industry expert in leadership. Listen in as we discuss his philosophy that everything in leadership rises and falls on relationships.
Dr. Jackson has over 30 years of experience working with executive leadership, churches, and with both non-profit and for-profit organizations. He is a leader, speaker, author, and consultant with proven expertise in strategic leadership, leadership development, financial management, and organizational alignment. Dr. Jackson believes strongly in equipping transformational leaders to influence the seven mountains: family, church, business, education, healthcare, government, and arts to the glory of God. His passion is motivating personal and organizational transformation by leveraging high-capacity leaders in networking environments to extend their reach and results.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- How everything in leadership rises and falls on relationships
- Why creating and building a team is a ‘delicate dance’
- The value of developing trust with people through passion and service
- How to build a sustainable business over time
- Why setting boundaries is important to ensuring a win-win
- Why you need to identify the win and always focus on the mission
- Why having positive drama in a meeting can be beneficial
- What you are required to do as a leader
- The importance of having a mentor in your life
Ways to contact Karla:
Do you want to host a podcast? Click here to find out how I do it.